SUNAQUA 18 PROJECT
Performance depends on several factors, although the most important is solar irradiation. AQUA.abib works at its best in most of the dry world, distilling more than 25,000 m3/year.
PROCESS AND ELEMENTS
SunAqua’s unique energy gathering system consists of a large pyramid-shaped structure with an octagonal base that concentrates the Sun’s energy at its apex, reaching temperatures over 100°C. Water is nebulized there and the water vapour is separated from its solutes, which then fall to the base of the pyramid. The water vapour is conducted to a central condensation column and fresh water is stored in an underground gallery.
Most of the covered space is usable, as it enjoys geothermal air conditioning
THE WHOLE DISTILLATION SYSTEM
- Intake pipe: includes filtering & dosing.
- Nebulizers: working at between 3 and 6 bars of pressure.
- Compressors: variable speed and pressure.
- Condensation column: 8-phase column which carries out the condensation process from air flowing in at the top; with a main inlet pipeline rising from the ground. Heat transfer occurs in this column, which is 5 m in diameter and 12m high.
- Solute-gathering sleeve: prevents salt dispersal.
- Underground storage gallery: also serves as a low-temperature reservoir.
- Structure: metal supporting profiles. The plastic layers are placed on top and bottom of the metallic profiles to generate superheated air (100°C).
SunAqua purifies water from any polluted source, sterilizing it and removing excess elements.